This creamy white wine chicken is incredibly easy to make on a weeknight but good enough to wow your guests when you are entertaining. Ready in just 30 min it is a delicious taste for a simple meal.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (our pick is a Chardonnay)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch dried Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
- Cut your chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 thinner cutlets. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and garlic powder, then dredge them in flour so they’re nicely coated.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes/side until golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside (chicken shouldn’t be fully cooked yet).
- Add the wine and scrape all the brown bits from the pan, then add the chicken broth to the pan and let it bubble for about a minute. Stir to combine.
- Add the remaining butter and the Herbs de Provence to the pan, and continue simmering for about 2 min.
- Add the cream and the chicken back into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season with extra salt & pepper as needed and sprinkle with fresh parsley if using.
What to serve with it
For a starchy option, serve it over pasta or mashed potatoes or oven roasted vegetables.
You could also steam some broccoli or serve with green beans.
Or make a side salad for a lighter pairing.
TipsMake sure the pan is hot when searing the chicken. You are going for a nice brown color on the chicken. It will finish cooking when added to the sauce.
Add some mushrooms or spinach for extra flavor and texture. But realize that these will loose water while cooking. You could sauté them and add them when you add the chicken back into the sauce.
They will add This creamy chicken is best when freshly made, but leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Reheat in a small saucepan over a very low heat and slowly so that the sauce doesn’t separate.
Don’t freeze these leftovers.